Children are more likely to suffer from vaccine related seizures. Children are most likely to experience vaccine related seizures, especially after the mmr vaccine. Seizures are caused by abnormal electrical discharges in the brain. Symptoms may vary depending on the part of the brain that is involved, but seizures often cause unusual sensations, uncontrollable muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness. When seizures recur, it may indicate the chronic condition known as epilepsy.
Children or adults suffering from a seizure may display one or many of the following symptoms:
- jerking movements of the arms and legs;
- stiffening of the body;
- loss of consciousness;
- breathing problems or breathing stops;
- loss of bowel or bladder control;
- falling suddenly for no apparent reason;
- not responding to noise or words for brief periods;
- appearing confused or in a haze;
- sleepiness and irritable upon waking in the morning;
- nodding the head;
- periods of rapid eye blinking and staring;
- bluish lips and breathing may not be normal.
The movements are often followed by a period of sleep or disorientation. If you or a loved one suffered from seizures shortly after receiving a vaccine then we may be able to help. Contact our vaccine injury lawyers for a free legal consulation today at 1-800-810-3457 or Get Help Now!
GET HELP NOW!
You Only Have Three Years To File Your Claim
The first step in helping yourself or a loved one after a serious vaccine related injury is to contact us for a free review of your case.