There are a lot of misconceptions about the safety of vaccines. Some doctors and politicians go as far to say that there is absolutely no risk of vaccine injury. The reality is that, like all drugs, vaccines can be dangerous. Vaccines are linked to a wide variety of injuries from skin rash to death.
Even the government recognizes at least there are at least a few injuries associated with vaccination. The government publishes a vaccine injury table that provides a recognized vaccine injuries.
Vaccine Injury Table
- Vaccines that contain tetanus toxoid (e.g. DTap, DTP, DT, Td, or TT)
- Vaccines containing whole cell pertussis bacteria, extracted or partial cell pertussis bacteria, or specific pertussis antigen(s) (e.g. DTP, DTaP, P, DTP-Hib)
- Measles, mumps, and Rubella vaccine or any of its components (e.g. MMR, MR, M, R)
- Vaccines containing rubella virus (e.g. MMR, MR, R)
- Vaccines containing measles virus (e.g. MMR, MR, M)
- Vaccines containing polio live virus (OPV)
- Vaccines containing polio inactivated virus (e.g. IPV)